Parents: We are pleased to provide you with the following information and resources!
- Lunch Menus
- Counseling Office
- Online Grades (Home Access Center)
- Student Handbook
- Reporting Requirements Regarding Sexual Conduct With Students (PDF)
- Pendleton Special Education Parent Teacher Association (SEPTA) (PDF)
- Immunization Rates
- Annual State School Report Cards
- District Absences and Truancy Guidelines (PDF)
- Registration Forms
- Find us on Facebook
Medication Release Form
If your student is taking medication that will require dispensing during the school day, we must have one of the appropriate signed authorization forms below on record in the office. Medications must be picked up by the last day of school. Medications not picked up will be sent to a law enforcement agency for proper disposal.
- Non-Prescription Medication (PDF)
- Prescription Medication (PDF)
- Authorization for Student to Self-Medicate (PDF)
Knocking Out Today’s News
There are many classes at SMS; each are unique. For example, take the publication’s class; it is definitely out of the ordinary! The web site for Knocking Out Today’s News, a.k.a. KOTN, can be found on the SMS home page. Click on the KOTN icon and it will bring you to the fabulous Blog, which includes a variety of subjects, such as:
- “Dear KOTN”, where the staff take every day problems faced by middle school students and try to answer with helpful tips and knowledge.
- “Sports”, where they write about SMS games or items relating to sports.
- “KOTN” is the most recent articles written by staff on many different topics!
- Spotlight” section are interviews about students, staff, or community members.
These are just a few of the exciting tidbits you will find on the website. There is also a photo section and articles introducing each staff member, so get online and check it out!
KOTN staff are also act as the yearbook staff at SMS. They work hard every day to bring Sunridge the best yearbook money can buy.