Pendleton School District Honors Altrusa
At the School Board meeting on December 13th, the Pendleton School District (PSD) honored and thanked a community partner, the Pendleton Chapter of Altrusa International.
“In our district’s mission to serve all students and families, Altrusa of Pendleton is an amazing partner, raising and spending tens of thousands of dollars for Pendleton students, families, and school programs,” said Chris Fritsch, district Superintendent.
These are some Pendleton Altrusa programs that support PSD:
- ASK – provide classroom grants for teachers to support classroom activities
- ASTRA – a service and leadership component of Altrusa for students at Pendleton High School
- Feed the Child – gathers and assembles take-home food for students every Friday; usually, more than 300 students are served weekly
- KARE – focuses on homeless students and their families, providing items including bedding, clothing, toiletries, furniture
- Literacy – provides books for young readers through a variety of community outlets
- Scholarships – awards several scholarships to PHS students annually
- School Supplies – purchase needed supplies for students and families
At the board meeting, Superintendent Fritsch communicated the district’s gratitude to Karin Power, Pendleton Chapter President, and some committee members who were present, stating, “On behalf of the Pendleton School District and the students whom Altrusa supports, a sincere thank you!”